Lapidary is the art of cutting and polishing precious stones.
Many people of all ages and from all walks of life discover in lapidary an ideal life-long hobby/craft/obsession.
The Essendon Gem and Lapidary Club Inc. was formed way back in 1969, to provide an opportunity for people with a wide variety of interests in precious and semi-precious gemstones and minerals to meet together to share their knowledge, develop their skills, and enjoy the fellowship of those who share those interests.
The Essendon Gem and Lapidary Club Inc. is a genuine family friendly club.
We welcomes member with children who would also like to have fun participating in this fascinating range of lapidary and allied crafts.
Our Club offers:
- A hobby for all ages in a family-friendly environment
- Inexpensive membership
- Our own club rooms with fully equipped workshops
- The opportunity to form friendships with people who share your interest
- Free instruction in basic lapidary skills
- Regular courses in advanced lapidary work including faceting, wire wrapping, and silver-smithing
- Occasional field trips to collect material
- Access to club library and lapidary information
- An annual exhibition